Let's see what you're working on.
rwiley
2020 Contributor
2020 Contributor
Name: Richard Wiley
Vessel: SeaRunner 190 HT

Re: Planar 44d

Unread post by rwiley »

Yes I do. The hull fitting comes straight in for 2 inches then angles up at a 45. The stainless exhaust hose continues up probably 3 inches against the gunnel with exhaust wrap to protect the boat. I opted to get the exhaust fitting up high at the expensive of having a larger U shape in the pipe. I think its going to work well without any issues.
2018 Hewescraft SeaRunner 190 HT
Yamaha 150 VMax
Yamaha 6YC Gauge
Yamaha 9.9 HT
Garmin TR-1 Gold, Trolling Autopilot
Lowrance Gen 3, 9 inch
Airmar TM185C - HW
Cisco Electric Planer Board Reels
Scotty 1106b Downriggers
Icom 424G VHF
Planar 44D Diesel Air Heater

SeaDawg
2020 Contributor
2020 Contributor
Name: Hunter
Vessel Name: Vista Blue
Vessel: 2017-22 Ocean Pro-HT-ET

Unread post by SeaDawg »

I know that I mentioned this before..... but will say it again.... make sure that your location for the thru-hull exhaust port is NOT in a location under a cleat where a fender will be melted... I made that mistake and ended up needing to have some "custom" cleats made which Hewes did for me at no charge.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3239&p=24535&hilit=cleat#p24535

Last edited by SeaDawg on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT
2017 Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
Garmin 7610xsv Cabin, Garmin 942xs Cockpit
18HD Fantom Radar, ICOM VHF, ACR GlobalFix EPIRB
Scotty 1106 DR's, Discovery Bay Pot Puller
ESPAR D4 Diesel Heater

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY"

Nate
2020 Contributor
2020 Contributor
Name: Nathan Johnson
Vessel Name: alysium
Vessel: ‘19 op 220

Unread post by Nate »

In.
‘19 op 220
F200xb
9.9 ht
Noco gen 2 mini
Planar 44

bkmail
Hewescraft Forum Sponsor
Hewescraft Forum Sponsor
Name: BK
Vessel Name: 3 POLES
Vessel: 27' Wooly SS Pilot House

Unread post by bkmail »

Ok, sorry guys been busy as heck and needed to reset my password here, etc...
Just saw this as Mr Chuck mentioned it today on the phone.

So unbelievably happy to see this much support from the community!!

Back to the questions, im here and ready!
Brian

Ps-Im headed to the Seattle bost show this Thursday-Tuesday to work the Lone Star drum winch booth. Please stop by and say Hi!
BK Marine Services
PLANAR Diesel Heater dealer for Alaska
Lone star drum winch dealer
https://m.facebook.com/BKMarineServices
907-232-6399

Official 2019 HewesCraft Forum Sponsor

Nate
2020 Contributor
2020 Contributor

Unread post by Nate »

A work in progress. Any thoughts or ideas welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
‘19 op 220
F200xb
9.9 ht
Noco gen 2 mini
Planar 44

Andy82hoyt
Alevin
Alevin
Name: Andrew Wieczorek
Vessel Name: PAB2T SLAYER
Vessel: 240 Pacific Explorer

Unread post by Andy82hoyt »

I have a Planar 44D and a Wallas cooktop stove. I'm running "day" tanks on both units. My Planar consumed 3 gallons a day last weekend, it was in the mid teens. Therefore, I'm refueling every 12 hours. I'd like to run both off a larger tank, a welded aluminum one is ideal. For now ill use something cheaper, a 5 gallon can. I have seen a picture where 2 line come out of the cap similar to the one line ones on Wallas tank. Where can I find the cap with 2 ports for fuel lines on it? Or what are your suggestions?

Yanert
I really need a life!
I really need a life!
Name: Steve Jones
Vessel Name: Lobo Del Mar
Vessel: 285 Pacific Explorer

Unread post by Yanert »

I drilled and threaded a draw straw and an air vent into a heavy plastic tank for my Espar heater. This means I can refill the tank without removing the draw straw. When I shut down the heater I close the air vent. I don't see any reason you couldn't use standard thru tank fittings that are used as standard fittings in plastic tanks. I'm 130 mile from the hardware store so I just used what I had to make it work. If you have an aluminum tank made it's easy to weld on threaded fittings for the draw straws and vent. You didn't mention a vent but they are important.

Andy82hoyt
Alevin
Alevin

Yanert wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:59 am
I drilled and threaded a draw straw and an air vent into a heavy plastic tank for my Espar heater. This means I can refill the tank without removing the draw straw. When I shut down the heater I close the air vent. I don't see any reason you couldn't use standard thru tank fittings that are used as standard fittings in plastic tanks. I'm 130 mile from the hardware store so I just used what I had to make it work. If you have an aluminum tank made it's easy to weld on threaded fittings for the draw straws and vent. You didn't mention a vent but they are important.
Thanks Yanert! My current tank does have a vent on top. I like the idea of the thru hull fittings much better for plastic. I found some nice tanks in scan marines site last night.

Andy82hoyt
Alevin
Alevin

Has anyone had luck with GSM-Modem PLANAR / GSM-Modem Qstart? These seems great, but want to see if anyone is using one. We could have a warm boat before We get to the harbor.

https://www.prokes-auto.com/en-detail-1 ... lanar.html

Nate
2020 Contributor
2020 Contributor

Unread post by Nate »

Andy, mine came with a fuel pick-up line to plumb into an existing tank. Or an aftermarket one. Pretty straight forward. I’m sure you could order one. I ordered the pu 27 controller which is supposed to be programmable. Meaning you can program it to start any time, any day and it will run for 2 hours. Just brought in the manual to read up on it. Not up to date on exchange rates but this controller was 100$. Do the thru hull exhaust fittings come with a backing plate? I got two gaskets with mine but no backing plate. It would be nice to use bolts instead of self tappers. Or is that how it works? Self tappers into the hull? Another question...most of the pics I’ve seen had the cold air intake just laying around somewhere. If I run it out to fresh air will it work better? Couldn’t see your cleats in your pics seadawg hoping this is far enough away.
‘19 op 220
F200xb
9.9 ht
Noco gen 2 mini
Planar 44