Egg
Egg
Name: mark
Vessel Name: maggie rose
Vessel: searunner 190 etht
MMSI: 1

danforth anchor syorage

Unread post by mark »

My 2018 Searunner 190 ETHT is stored 1500 km from home. I have been told I need a bigger anchor by all the old timers. I don't have a bow roller so I am trying to remember the size the door under the step up to the bow. Have been told a Danforth anchor works best where we fish. Does anyone know what size of anchor that I could store in the bow storage area? Plan B is to install a bow roller.
CWFollett
Alevin
Alevin
Name: Clay Follett
Vessel: Pro-v 180

Re: danforth anchor syorage

Unread post by CWFollett »

You might want to look at Fish Fighter Products. I bought their nest for the Trolling motor and Anchor nest and their 26 lb anchor. Either one is lockable. easy to change to the fishing of that day. I also got their anchor pulling system, Love it all. At 71 they make it easy too pull up the anchor. Well made and high quality.
2020 Pro-V 180 ET
Honda 115, Honda 8
Baystar Steering
Garmin 93SV, NEMA 2000
2 Scotty 1101, D/R
MinnKota, Ulterra, 60inch, 24volt, Lee lock Shagg
I-Troll W/ Hunt
Fish Strike rod holders
Carver boat cover
2 Group 31, 2 group 24 batteries with four bank on board MinnKota charger
Fish Strike 26 lb folding Anchor, Nest Kwik pull, W/ floating bag and rope
When not fishing chasing Pheasants with my GSP
mark
Egg
Egg
Name: mark
Vessel Name: maggie rose
Vessel: searunner 190 etht
MMSI: 1

Re: danforth anchor syorage

Unread post by mark »

Hewescraft sent me the measurements 14 1/4" tall and 18 1/2" wide. Much bigger than I remember. I am getting a 14 lb Danforth style anchor so it will fit in without much trouble. I never anchor while fishing, just needed an anchor in case of a power loss. Where we fish has almost no sandy beaches, just fairly steep rock cliffs that could make a mess of our new SR. Thanks for your advice.