Captain, Mechanic, Deckhand
Name: Phil
Vessel: '09 ProV
MMSI: 338146901

Supporting this forum

Unread post by SilverFox »

I've got to get this off my chest...

In Oct 2012 I purchased this forum from the previous owner because it was the best, and only, place to discuss our Hewescraft boats. The forum had a family feel to it, members respected each other and shared many things. It felt comfortable, to use an old cliche', like sitting around the cracker barrel with your feet up next to the woodstove. I've tried to maintain that same standard the past 8yrs.

My decision to purchase this forum was never about "making money", it was about maintaining a place for Hewescraft owners to gather and share, good or bad, in a constructive, respectful manner. I am pleased to say it has been just that way 99.9% of the time.

For years I ran this forum out of my pocket and, with some member support, was able to break even most of the time. Sometimes there was enough left over to take my wife to the local family restaurant for dinner, other times we ponied up the difference.

With the generous support of a few specific individuals the past couple years, it's been a little better and I could take my wife out for a nice dinner or add a new doo dad or tackle item to our boat. Before anyone asks, my Planar install was not funded, in whole or in part, by member donations whatsoever.

Over the past couple years, I've noted increased references to the "Facebook group" and every time I see that IT HURTS, like stabbing me in the back. This will always remain the original Hewescraft Owners Forum and stay that way until such time I decide to relinquish ownership.

This leads to my decision, effective today, references to any competitor group here are prohibited. If you post a reference, or try to talk around and imply, your post will be deleted and you will receive a warning. Repeat offenders may be banned, decision is my sole discretion.
'09 20' ProV
'09 150hp Merc Optimax
'09 8hp Merc 4-stroke
Mercmonitor
Raymarine DS600X
Raymarine a78 MFD
Raymarine CPT-100 DownVision
Raymarine CPT-200 SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster ProII
Traxstech System
NOCO Gen3 on-board charger
Motorguide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Spangle, WA

"Yesterday is the past; tomorrow the future. Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."
rwiley
2021 Contributor
2021 Contributor
Name: Richard Wiley
Vessel: SeaRunner 190 HT

Re: Supporting this forum

Unread post by rwiley »

I appreciate this forum and all the work you have put into it Silverfox! I can't begin to count how many great suggestions, Ideas I have found here. I've learned allot from all the members. The archive capabilities to pull up information from over the years is invaluable. Keep up the good work and I will continue to be a supporter!
2018 Hewescraft SeaRunner 190 HT
Yamaha 150 VMax
Yamaha 6YC Gauge
Yamaha 9.9 HT
Garmin TR-1 Gold, Trolling Autopilot
Lowrance Gen 3, 9 inch
Airmar TM185C - HW
Cisco Electric Planer Board Reels
Scotty 1106b Downriggers
Icom 424G VHF
Planar 44D Diesel Air Heater
Iceman
Parr
Parr
Name: John
Vessel Name: Micron II
Vessel: 2011 Hewescraft SR 220

Unread post by Iceman »

Fox;

Way to go, you are making a very good decision, as social media is most certainly a cancer eating up our country!

Happy New Year!

John
2011 SR220 w-85 gallon fuel tank
Honda 225 & 8 HP
Trollmaster
Garmin GHC 10 AP
Garmin 8612 xsv CP
Lowrance HDS 8 DF , w-side scan
Fishawk X-4
4- Traxtech Downriggers, Two Traxtech Triple Trees
2 Shockwave seat suspension modules
2 Corbin2 seats
patcook@pacbell.net
Parr
Parr
Name: john cook
Vessel Name: Callie Rae
Vessel: 190 searunner

Unread post by patcook@pacbell.net »

Although I,ve just found this forum this year its been such a great resource I can,t say enough good about it. The projects and fixes I,ve managed to complete were in total to this forum. The forum really is one of the advantages to owning a Hewescraft. I have no use for most social media and appreciate your decision. - John
2020 190 SeaRunner ST
150 Yamaha
9.9 Yamaha hi thrust W/FC
Seastar Kicker Steering
Garmin Echomap UHD 94SV
Garmin VHF 115S
Seadek on Gunnels
Miller Marine rail system
Noco Gen2 Charger
Hewesurdaddy
Smolt
Smolt
Name: Ryan
Vessel Name: Hewesurdaddy
Vessel: 2020 SR HT

Unread post by Hewesurdaddy »

I really appreciate all that you do Phil.Lots of time invested no doubt.You can be sure that I will NEVER join Facebook,as I think Zuckerberg just might be satan! The same goes for Twitter,Snapchat,ad naseum.Hell I don’t even text,never sent one and don’t receive them.Again,thanks Phil and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.
2020 210 Searunner HT/BH
Mercury Pro Xs V8 4.6 L 225 HP
Mercury Pro Kicker 15 EFI
Humminbird Helix 10
Powrtran Tailfin wireless kicker steering
I-Troll kicker throttle control
Noco Genius 2 bank charger
Minn Kota 54” autopilot

AN ARMED MAN IS A CITIZEN—AN UNARMED MAN IS A SUBJECT.
SilverFox
Name: Phil
Vessel: '09 ProV
MMSI: 338146901

Unread post by SilverFox »

I've been chewing on this for a while and decided it was time to address it.

Cannot tell you how much your positive support means and send my sincerest thank you to every one.
'09 20' ProV
'09 150hp Merc Optimax
'09 8hp Merc 4-stroke
Mercmonitor
Raymarine DS600X
Raymarine a78 MFD
Raymarine CPT-100 DownVision
Raymarine CPT-200 SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster ProII
Traxstech System
NOCO Gen3 on-board charger
Motorguide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Spangle, WA

"Yesterday is the past; tomorrow the future. Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."
deuxgrenouilles
2021 Contributor
2021 Contributor
Name: Geoff Cunard
Vessel Name: La Fuente
Vessel: OP 220 HT ET
MMSI: 367729940

Unread post by deuxgrenouilles »

Hey Phil, I really appreciate all you do for our little corner of the internet. We are not all in the same place ideologically, but when it comes to our boats, we are on the same page. It is truly a community. Keep up the good work!
RFT
2020 Contributor
2020 Contributor
Name: Ron
Vessel Name: BOAT
Vessel: 2004 Sportsman 18

Unread post by RFT »

Been here since 2010 and truly appreciate this forum and what you do for this forum, it's not lost on me. I may not totally agree with you on this ONLY because there is a lot of other places full of good information to be had. Think of it like books, there is more than one book on any given topic to learn and pull knowledge from. Just sayin.

Saying that I get where you coming from and totally respect your decision. I'm also pretty sure know one meant any disrespect at all, but I can't really speak for other so....

Tight Lines and Thank you Phil for making this forum my 1st and really only go to Hewescraft forum.
Last edited by RFT on Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Sportsman 18
2004 90hp Honda
2004 8hp Tohatsu Kicker

Garmin Echomap plus 93SV
Troll Master Pro 2
Garmin Force 24V powered by 2 BattleBorn LiFePO4
Noco Gen10x2 on board charger
Cannon mag 10 STX
Noco Gen10x3 on board charger
S5 Shockwave suspension seats
Traxtech System
Blue Water Led deck lights
pgkush
2021 Contributor
2021 Contributor
Name: Paul
Vessel: Sea Runner 190 ETHT

Unread post by pgkush »

Hi Phil,
I have been member of this forum since 2013. I participate in a couple of other forums related to fishing and boating. But without question this is the hands down best. You do a terrific job running this forum and setting a positive collaborative environment. There is vast amount of boating and fishing experience with the members here and everyone is generous sharing their knowledge. Most of the projects that I have done on the two Hewescraft boats I have owned have been inspired by projects the folks on this forum have shared.

Anyway, just wanted to echo how much I appreciate the effort you put into this and THANKS!

Paul
2019 Sea Runner 190 ETHT
150 Yamaha
9.9 Yamaha
Lowrance HDS 12 Live
Point1-AP
Lowrance Autopilot
Seastar Hydraulic Steering
Scotty 1106 Downriggers
LectroTab Trim Tabs
Pro Mariner battery maintainer/charger
Troll Master 2
Standard Horizon 1850G VHF
Motorguide Xi5 #80, 24 V, 60 inch shaft
SeaDawg
2021 Contributor
2021 Contributor
Name: Hunter
Vessel Name: Vista Blue
Vessel: 2017-22 Ocean Pro-HT-ET
MMSI: 338355899

Unread post by SeaDawg »

Hey Phil..... First and foremost, I want you to know how much I enjoy this forum.. It's just the perfect balance of respect.. I also know that it's not a snap...or free.... to keep the lights on and the tech issues handled. Then also there is the occasional babysitting that needs doing and you always seem to handle it with just the right touch..

I'm not on Facebook and won't ever be... Just seems like handing over the keys to everything I own or hold dear.

On the issue of "competitors", I know that I have on a couple of occasions referenced something for sale over on The Hull Truth that I thought folks here might be interested in, or maybe a reference to to a thread over on the Arima forum (where I have a lot of friends) where there might a good thread on electrical or installing non-brand specific accessories... I also refer folks over on the Arima forum to good threads and info found here. If that was, or is, out of line then I sincerely apologize and won't do it again.

Bottom line is that this Hewes forum family is my go to source of anything and everything Hewes... Participation, learning and posting is a highlight of my day.

You'd be surprised how many other Hewes owners I meet at the ramp, gas station, etc.... I even printed up some basic business cards on the computer and keep a few in my wallet to hand to folks when we meet.. I get asked a lot about my roof rack that Eoin's students made for me!

Thanks again for all you do Phil!!!!

2017 Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT
2017 Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
Garmin 7610xsv Cabin, Garmin 942xs Cockpit
18HD Fantom Radar, ICOM VHF, ACR GlobalFix EPIRB
Scotty 1106 DR's, Discovery Bay Pot Puller
ESPAR D4 Diesel Heater

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY"