Page 1 of 1

2 transducers on the same bracket?

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:04 pm
by beekbob
Rigging a new 210 HT ET. Have a Garmin 942xs on the front console, and a 742 at the rear helm. Wanting to run 2 separate transducers. a P66 to the 942 in front, and a tm150m to the in the 743 rear. Can I put them on the same transducer bracket, or should I pull the big zinc off the other one, install one there, and go with a round zinc on each side?

90% of my fishing will be 60 feet or less for Kings in the strait, the other 10% will be bottom fish in the ocean or tuna off the coast. Are these the two transducers I want for those applications?

Thanks for any help or opinions!

Re: 2 transducers on the same bracket?

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:30 pm
by Jim Dandy
I added some King board to give me more room and to reinforce the transducer bracket, too much flex, was able to put a hugeTM260 and TotalScan side by side after I made this modification. The transducer bracket is rock solid now, King board is screwed into transom and mega dose of 5200 added. This does not move....solid.

I put both zincs on the other tranducer bracket.

P66 is ok, the Airmar TM258 or TM260 are a lot better, but cost mucho dinero, and probably some American money too. The one's you mentioned will do the job well enough. Now, with that said if your operating two different transducers at once they need to be on different frequencies or your going to have interference.....at least 50khz difference. I only use one of mine at a time.
20180518_135036.jpg
Routed my tranducer wires into this water tight fitting.
20180518_135334.jpg

Re: 2 transducers on the same bracket?

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:05 pm
by beekbob
Thank you for the information. I may try to fit them both on one bracket and see how they read. I'll just use the p66 when I'm running, and fish with the 150m. They wont be on at the same time.