Name: Nathan Johnson
Vessel Name: alysium
Vessel: ‘19 op 220

Roosevelt reservoir report

Unread post by Nate »

Had to pay launch fee at alternate ferry launch
9E4E10AA-9386-422F-A537-974D498B0BAD.jpeg
Bout 2 hours with shovel

Set 16 crawdad traps. Let em soak overnight.
Caught 1 native bout 2”
Caught 1 non-native bout 3&1/4”
Same trap. Frabil.
Water temp 50° must be a lil cold yet.

Boated a nice wild bow Saturday.
6045BD55-3383-4012-BE46-FCA100E2311E.jpeg
Took off like a shot when I threw it back.

Hooked it’s twin a couple hours later, was jumping like crazy, caught the attention of a couple bald eagles, which swooped right in. Put my tip down and got it to the boat, came off just before I got my net in the water.

Meanwhile down the crick a lil bit I noticed a boat getting ready for retrieval. About 30 minutes later I see the guy wrestling around with it on the trailer. About 10 minutes later I see him back off. I’m trolling by at this point. His buddy pulls the trailer up and try’s a few different angles and settles on one. The guy in the boat must not have liked it. He pulls into shore to discuss. Trims both motors up. Next they are trying to walk it on the trailer by hand. Wading around in the water. I guess they didn’t have a rope cause they gave up on that and he fires up his main. Still out of the water. I had just gone by them at this point and could see the blue smoke rising up. Now he tries to power it on. Kinda hard to do when your prop isn’t in the water. But he sure tried. Sounded like a motorcycle race. Was about to pull my poles and go help when I seen a golf cart coming down the ramp. They got em squared away. Sad, yet entertaining.

About 10 minutes later I saw one jump bout 10 feet in front of the boat. So I’m waiting and at about the right time...takedown. So I grab it and it starts jumping, here comes another bald eagle. I put my tip down and lost it.
That eagle followed me for the next hour or so.

Went and pulled the pots this morning and was trolling back and finally boated my first keeper from the main stem.
527A2322-6990-4701-AF67-558084FB5054.jpeg
Put up a decent fight for a sterile farm raised fish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
‘19 op 220
F200xb
9.9 ht
Noco gen 2 mini
Planar 44

SeaDawg
2020 Contributor
2020 Contributor
Name: Hunter
Vessel Name: Vista Blue
Vessel: 2017-22 Ocean Pro-HT-ET

Re: Roosevelt reservoir report

Unread post by SeaDawg »

Great report and great pics Nate.... Thanks for sharing. Nice fish!! How did you do on the crawdads?
2017 Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT
2017 Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
Garmin 7610xsv Cabin, Garmin 942xs Cockpit
18HD Fantom Radar, ICOM VHF, ACR GlobalFix EPIRB
Scotty 1106 DR's, Discovery Bay Pot Puller
ESPAR D4 Diesel Heater

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY"

SilverFox
Captain, Mechanic, Deckhand
Name: Phil
Vessel: '09 ProV
MMSI: 338146901

Unread post by SilverFox »

Was confused by the launch until I looked at the far shoreline, know exactly where that is.

Great report and pictures with launch entertainment bonus tossed in. :biggrin:

I have the same problem with eagles when fishing where you were, they don't waste time swooping down on one you're about to net, or one that lingers just a bit too long when released. Fine looking triploid on the deck.

Thanks for posting. 8-)
'09 20' ProV
'09 150hp Merc Optimax
'09 8hp Merc 4-stroke
Mercmonitor
Raymarine DS600X
Raymarine a78 MFD
Raymarine CPT-100 DownVision
Raymarine CPT-200 SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster ProII
Traxstech System
NOCO Gen3 on-board charger
Motorguide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Spangle, WA

pgkush
2019 Contributor
2019 Contributor
Name: Paul
Vessel: Sea Runner 190 ETHT

Unread post by pgkush »

So, are the normal boat launches at places like Spring Canyon, Keller Ferry, Lincoln, etc.. not open now? I thought I had read something about the docks being pulled at some or all of those launches during the Covid-19 closures. Is that true? Anyway, I'm thinking about making a trip over to Roosevelt sometime in next week or so.

Thanks
Paul
2019 Sea Runner 190 ETHT
150 Yamaha
9.9 Yamaha
Lowrance HDS 12 Live
Point1-AP
Lowrance Autopilot
Seastar Hydraulic Steering
Scotty 1106 Downriggers
LectroTab Trim Tabs
Pro Mariner battery maintainer/charger
Troll Master 2
Standard Horizon 1850G VHF

SilverFox

Paul NPS pulled docks and closed services at all their launch sites but left the launches open. Here's the latest and direct link to keep abreast of updates - https://www.nps.gov/laro/planyourvisit/boating.htm:
COULEE DAM, Wash. – Beginning May 5, 2020, fishing will resume in Washington and within Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area in coordination with Governor Inslee’s amendment of the Stay at Home—Stay Healthy proclamation. Boat launches are open as water levels allow. Minimum boat launch elevations and the current lake level may be found on our website (https://www.nps.gov/laro/planyourvisit/boating.htm). Docks at Kettle Falls, Seven Bays, and Spring Canyon boat launches will also be available by May 5, 2020. Other boat launch docks may become available as the lake level rises. The Spring Canyon boat launch and docks will be closed May 11-21 for paving.

Services at Lake Roosevelt are still limited due to COVID-19 health concerns. Fish cleaning stations will remain closed until further notice. Please take fish home to clean and dispose of properly. As a reminder, Title 36 Code of Federal Regulations 2.14(a)(7) prohibits disposing of fish remains on land or in waters within 200 feet of boat docks or swimming beaches, or within developed areas. Leaving fish remains on the shoreline attracts wildlife, including bear and cougar, putting other visitors in danger.

The following services and operations will also remain closed until further notice:

All campgrounds and toilets.
Fish cleaning stations.
Water services.
Trash collection. If you pack it in, please pack it out.
The Fort Spokane Visitor Center.
All public and education programs are canceled.

Please remember that starting May 1, 2020, the NPS will require all boaters complete the aquatic invasive species (AIS) quagga/zebra mussel-free self-certification form. Forms are available at each boat launch and on our website at: https://www.nps.gov/laro/learn/nature/u ... ed-508.pdf. Together, we can prevent the spread of AIS. Clean, drain, and dry all your water gear!
The launches themselves were never closed, just services which appear to remain closed, but at least the docks are back in the water again. 8-)
'09 20' ProV
'09 150hp Merc Optimax
'09 8hp Merc 4-stroke
Mercmonitor
Raymarine DS600X
Raymarine a78 MFD
Trollmaster ProII
Traxstech System
Motorguide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Spangle, WA

pgkush
2019 Contributor
2019 Contributor
Name: Paul
Vessel: Sea Runner 190 ETHT

Unread post by pgkush »

Thanks Phil...great information...
2019 Sea Runner 190 ETHT
150 Yamaha
9.9 Yamaha
Lowrance HDS 12 Live
Point1-AP
Lowrance Autopilot
Seastar Hydraulic Steering
Scotty 1106 Downriggers
LectroTab Trim Tabs
Pro Mariner battery maintainer/charger
Troll Master 2
Standard Horizon 1850G VHF

SilverFox

PSA: Park service is ramping up enforcement on NPS launch permits and the AIS forms. WDFW mirror tags do not work at NPS launches. Prominently display correct launch permit and AIS form in your tow rig's windshield to prevent a citation. :reeling:
'09 20' ProV
'09 150hp Merc Optimax
'09 8hp Merc 4-stroke
Mercmonitor
Raymarine DS600X
Raymarine a78 MFD
Trollmaster ProII
Traxstech System