sodapupseabear
Egg
Egg
Name: Colin & Allie Tobin
Vessel: 2011 24 Pacific Cruiser

Nav/Anchor light switch - no power

Unread post by sodapupseabear »

Hi All,

2011 24' Pacific Cruiser...I am a electrical dummy, looking for advice. My Nav/Anchor light switch stopped working. It appears I am lacking power to the switch as it won't light up red (toggled up or down) and the Nav/Anchor lights wont turn on. Switches on either side on the panel are receiving power and function appropriately, see first picture.
IMG_4613.jpg

The second picture is the back of the switch panel. The ground seems to be shared between all switches and the Nav/Anchor red wire seems to be coming from the Cab Courtesy but then it doesn't travel over to the bow bilge switch. I believe the gray wires would then go to the Nav lights, and one to the anchor light.
IMG_4614.jpg
There is also a Blue Sea fuse box, I checked all fuses visually but not with a Fuse tester. Only other thing I have done recently is change one of the festoon Nav bulbs, it was a previously 8W and I could only find 10W so went with that. Any ideas welcome.
Thanks!
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MacGyver
Smolt
Smolt
Name: Tom

Re: Nav/Anchor light switch - no power

Unread post by MacGyver »

Go to a auto store and get a test light to test the fuses and the wiring.

SilverFox
Captain, Mechanic, Deckhand
Captain, Mechanic, Deckhand
Name: Phil
Vessel: '09 ProV
MMSI: 338146901

Re: Nav/Anchor light switch - no power

Unread post by SilverFox »

Doesn't have anything to do with your question, well it might if same circuit, but do need to fix the connection at bottom right of your 3rd picture, that terminal needs to be completely under the screw...
'09 20' ProV
'09 150hp Merc Optimax
'09 8hp Merc 4-stroke
Mercmonitor
Raymarine DS600X
Raymarine a78 MFD
Raymarine CPT-100 DownVision
Raymarine CPT-200 SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster ProII
Traxstech System
NOCO Gen3 on-board charger