Alevin
Alevin
Name: Allin Fenton
Vessel: Hewescraft 210

Re: Advice Please! 200SM vs. 200 PV vs. 190 SR

Unread post by Saltyduck »

D'oh wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:25 pm
I actually just got back from a Ice Run. The Wife and Daughter are on Vaca at the Cabin. I thought abit about a ET. Then I noticed. Everry Time I get in and out of the Sportsman, I step on the Floatation Box at the back of the boat.

@ 54 Years Old, I can still climb some, but the Jump Out of an ET, would be much more difficult without a Stool.
I am 55. I do have a stout cooler for a step when at the dock. When coming from the ET I sometimes just sit on the transom and slide in if the cooler isn't in place. I still "climb" in and out from the ET as well. I never really thought of is as a problem. you might want to go to a place that has two similar boats, one with an ET and one without and see which is easier to get in and out of.

Bobo413
Parr
Parr
Name: Bob Okada
Vessel: 2013 Pro V 200 Hardtop

Unread post by Bobo413 »

I have a Pro V 200 HTTM & a buddy has the 18’ Pro V with the ET.
I really like the fish box on his boat with the cleaning station lid.
The fishing area is noticeably smaller on his.
When netting a fish or just walking from side to side my buddy made the comment that his isn’t as stable & leans & heels over more than mine & I would agree.
The ride in chop is really about the same .
I dont notice the engine noise being any better or worse when comparing the 2.
I can run & steer my trolling motor from either position & on his it’s controlled at the helm .
As far as getting on & off the boats , when on the trailer
I use a collapsible ladder or just climb over the side & he will do the same or climb on the step.
At the boat ramp we both need to climb over the bow . So noooo difference either way...
I’d stick with the TM because it has more usable space , Has a more stable feel. I don’t have kids swimming or use the boat that way so the benefit of being able to climb on the ET is a moot point.

cdubg21
Egg
Egg
Name: Casey

Unread post by cdubg21 »

She arrives Tuesday! Ended up going with the 200 pro V TM. Thank you very much for the advice everybody.

Looking to mount two Cannon Optimums... Do you guys mount them directly to the mounts, or mount a universal mount and then the downrigger to that? Any advice appreciated!

cdubg21
Egg
Egg

Unread post by cdubg21 »

Here she is!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kenya
2020 Contributor
2020 Contributor
Name: steven
Vessel Name: ARROW
Vessel: Pro-V 200 T/M

Unread post by kenya »

Congratulations! I know you made a good choise. Very nice looking! I wish you many days of fun safe boating!
Did you buy it in Pasco?
Steve S
2019 Pro-V 200 T/M
150 Yami
Garmin Echomap UHD 94SV
Garmin 110 VHF
Smooth Moves seats
Bay Star hydraulic steering
NMEA 2000
Dual Pro two bank on board charger

Bobo413
Parr
Parr

Unread post by Bobo413 »

Wow Congratulations Beautiful boat .
I use the factory mounts for my Scotty 1106 Downriggers.

SilverFox
Captain, Mechanic, Deckhand
Captain, Mechanic, Deckhand
Name: Phil
Vessel: '09 ProV
MMSI: 338146901

Unread post by SilverFox »

Congrats on your ProV!

As to mounting downriggers, really up to you. Ours doesn't have rear rails or factory downrigger mounts so I installed 4' tracks on the gunwale for flexibility and have never regretted that decision.
'09 20' ProV
'09 150hp Merc Optimax
'09 8hp Merc 4-stroke
Mercmonitor
Raymarine DS600X
Raymarine a78 MFD
Raymarine CPT-100 DownVision
Raymarine CPT-200 SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster ProII
Traxstech System
NOCO Gen3 on-board charger
Motorguide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Spangle, WA

cdubg21
Egg
Egg

Unread post by cdubg21 »

Thanks! I have the factory mounts, but they are just metal plates. My DR’s have the swivel mounts, which just have four holes—one in each corner—so i’ll probably just drill holes in the factory mounts and attach the swivel base

Bobo413
Parr
Parr

Unread post by Bobo413 »

When mounting the plates , just remember to use Tef-Gel or some other product on the plate & the bolts or screws to isolate & prevent galvanic corrosion.

Long Tom
Parr
Parr
Name: Jeff
Vessel Name: Not yet
Vessel: Sea Runner 16'

Unread post by Long Tom »

Looks great! Like mine only shinier! :)

There was some talk above about the "splash gate".... please, can we call it a bulkhead? Thank you. :) Anyway I love that thing and since I'm on the ocean primarily it's always up. The splashwell is a good design, and even without the bulkhead works great even when getting hit by chop from behind, but there are two scenarios where that bulkhead as added insurance could be gold. First, when back-trolling against the drift, and second, crossing the bar where you could possibly get tagged from behind if there are steep waves stacking up closely. No experience with the latter, but I have pushed the stern into chop and within reason, with that bulkhead up you're gonna see water splash into the well, but it stays out of the boat.

Had it out a couple times since I posted last, and got caught by the afternoon northerly blow (chop) each day. Couple thoughts.... coming back from north of Depoe with the chop, I played around a bunch with the trim and learned a lot about maximizing speed in the conditions while getting the best ride in the chop out of a ProV hull. Highly recommended. A couple days later, coming back from the south, so against the chop this time, we got into some pretty big (4') really close-together wind chop, she'd fall off one wave, right into the trough, and the next would splash into the open bow area. Nothing major; not more than a few gallons at a time, drained right out. It was slow going but the boat felt very safe.
1988 16' Sea Runner closed bow F/V "Ol' Red"
Suzuki DT40
Yamaha/Mariner 5HP kicker

2010 Pro V 200 soft top F/V "Reel Boy"
Yamaha F115
Yamaha 9.9 High Thrust