NMEA Help needed

Beeman
I really need a life!
I really need a life!
Name: David Pearson
Vessel: 2022 Thunder Jet Luxor HT

NMEA Help needed

Unread post by Beeman »

I have installed the network and connected both the main and kicker to my Lowrance elite FS.
I can get engine data from both engines in the configuration settings so I know the unit is working, however in the engine gauges screen I only get main engine date, with main turned off and kicker turned on I would expect it to show the kicker data, but this is only working when kicker is off and main is on.
Has anyone set up the gauges for two engines ?
I am running Suzuki engines.
I thought about creating two separate gauge screens but dont know how to tell the unit which screen is for which engine ?
ioski907
2023 Contributor
2023 Contributor
Name: Isaac
Vessel Name: Roxy
Vessel: Ocean Pro 220 HT ET

Re: NMEA Help needed

Unread post by ioski907 »

Hi Beeman, don't know if this will be helpful at all or not.

I have a Garmin chartplotter with just my main yamaha connected via NMEA.
However, when setting it up, I did have to "Add Engine" in the interface (picked my main... my only option).

But, since you are seeing both your main and kicker in your configuration; perhaps your Lowrance will a similar menu selection to "Add Engine"?

ioski
Beeman
I really need a life!
I really need a life!
Name: David Pearson
Vessel: 2022 Thunder Jet Luxor HT

Re: NMEA Help needed

Unread post by Beeman »

ioski907 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:15 pm Hi Beeman, don't know if this will be helpful at all or not.

I have a Garmin chartplotter with just my main yamaha connected via NMEA.
However, when setting it up, I did have to "Add Engine" in the interface (picked my main... my only option).

But, since you are seeing both your main and kicker in your configuration; perhaps your Lowrance will a similar menu selection to "Add Engine"?

ioski
I was able to add a motor, but I still had issues, at one point I got the screen to display the kicker but not the main, not sure what I did, had to do a factory reset to get back to displaying the main. I decided that this was all I needed and if I want to see kicker data when running I can just go to the config screen to see it.